Horse Protection Act Public Meetings
APHIS will be hosting five public meetings to seek additional comments and feedback from the public on its proposed rule to strengthen enforcement of the Horse Protection Act. Those meetings are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, Aug. 9 in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Wednesday, Aug. 10 in Lexington, Ky.
- Tuesday, Aug. 16 in Sacramento, Calif.
- Tuesday, Sept. 6, in Riverdale, Md.
- Thursday, Sept. 15, a call-in virtual public meeting.
More information about those meetings – including how to participate – can be found on the Animal Care website.