Skip to main content

Contact Us

Contact a Program or Office

Pet Travel

Are you travelling to or from another country and bringing along Fluffy or Fido? You’ll need to meet the animal health requirements of the country you are visiting. This can involve getting a health certificate, updating vaccinations, completing disease testing, and having your paperwork reviewed and endorsed by APHIS. Travel with your Pet website


Animals, plants, imports, exports, and much more—send your questions to Ask USDA and get a speedy reply.  You can also search Ask USDA's comprehensive knowledge base for answers to hundreds of commonly asked questions.

Customer Service Center

Contact the APHIS Customer Service Center

Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET


Plant Import Information
Phone: PPQ's Permit Services:
301-851-2046/877-770-5990 (Toll-Free)
Email: Permit Services at

Plant Export Information
Phone: 301-851-2309

For additional questions concerning Export Certifications, you may reach out to your State or State of export by contacting an Export Certification Specialist.

Report a suspected plant pest or disease.

Permits (ePermits), Notifications, Petitions

For questions and assistance regarding permit application status, whether or not you need a permit, and regulations and policies concerning allowable imports please contact the appropriate office listed below:

Plants and Plants Products
Phone: 301-851-2046 or
Toll free: 1-877-770-5990

Pest Permits and Noxious Weeds
Phone: 301-851-2357
Toll free: 866-524-5421

Genetically Engineered Organisms   
Phone: 301-851-3877
ePermits Technical Support

Plant Imports (Contact Information)

Domestic Travel  (Intrastate and Interstate Movement): For questions related to the movement of plants and plant products from one State to another or within a State, contact the State Plant Health Director.


Animal and Animal Product Export Information

Imports (bring into the U.S. from another country)

Animal Products 
Phone Number: 301-851-3300, option 1

Live Animals (includes semen, embryos...)

Select Agents

Organisms and Vectors:


Animal Welfare Contacts

Report a concern about animal welfare

Search Active Licensees, Registered Facilities, Annual Reports, and Inspection Reports using the Animal Care Public Search Tool

Additional Contacts

Complementary Content