Proposed rule Most rulemaking in APHIS begins with a proposed rule. A proposed rule describes a change to the regulations APHIS feels would benefit agriculture and the public and invites public comment on the proposed change. This document contains:
- A preamble, which includes:
- an explanation of the proposed rule
- an analysis of the anticipated economic effects of the proposed rule
- a description of any information collection requirements
- an invitation to the public to submit comments by a specified date (usually 60 days after publication).
- The proposed additions or changes to our regulations, as they would appear in the Code of Federal Regulations.