Stakeholder Risk Assessment Consultation
Stakeholder risk assessment consultation allows stakeholders to review and provide comments on draft risk assessments or pest lists for fruits, vegetables, plants, or plant products for a 30-day period prior to the country consultation process. As draft risk assessments and pest lists are made available for comment, they will be posted on this page with the date by which comments are due.
Please submit your comments to PPQPRAcomments@aphis.usda.gov .
You will need to include the name of the commodity assessed by the draft document (examples: apples, spruce trees) in the Subject line of your emailed comment.
Your comments will be considered and may result in changes to the risk assessments or pest lists. However, we are unable to provide you with individual feedback regarding your comment. When providing comments, please note:
- You will not find mitigation's for pests shown in draft pest lists and risk assessments. Risk Management, including mitigation's, is conducted after we receive stakeholder and country comments on each pest list or risk assessment.
- You will have additional opportunities to provide comments on our risk assessments or pest lists when the respective proposed rules or notices are available for comment in the Federal Register.
To receive automatic notifications that risk assessments or pest lists have been posted to this website for review and comment, we encourage interested stakeholders to subscribe to the APHIS Stakeholder Registry “Risk Analysis and Assessments” topic. Depending on your interests select other topics such as "Fruits and Vegetables Imports" and "Plants for Planting". All three of these topics may be found on the list by expanding the headings "APHIS - Plant Health Information" > "Importation into the US" > "Entry Requirements".
Draft Risk Assessments Available for Comment
- Importation of Peppers (Capsicum annuum L.) from Ireland and the United Kingdom into the contiguous United States (PDF; 541 Kb) [Comments due by January 9, 2015]
- Importation of Fresh Avocado Fruit (Persea americana Miller) from Ecuador into the Continental United States (PDF; 601 Kb) [Comments due by January 9, 2015]
- Pest List for the Importation of Fresh Fruit of Apple, Malus domestica, and Pear, Pyrus communis, into the Continental United States from eight countries in the European Union (Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, the Netherlands) (PDF; 208 Kb) [Comments due by January 20, 2015]
- Importation of fresh pepper fruit with short stalk Capsicum annuum L., Capsicum baccatum L., Capsicum chinense Jacq., Capsicum frutescens L. and Capsicum pubescens Ruiz & Pav. from Colombia into the Continental United States (PDF; 2.34 Mb) [Comments due by January 23, 2015]
- Importation of Fresh Mangosteen fruit, Garcinia mangostana, from the Philippines into the United States (PDF; 466 Kb) [Comments due by January 28, 2015]