Ergonomics training is available to all APHIS employees upon request. Ergonomics training is currently provided in the following formats:
- Online self-assessments
- Video Loans
- Webinars - The following ergonomic webinars are offered every 2nd Wednesday of the month. Register to participate via Aglearn.
- Driving Ergonomics - Learn how to drive in a way that maximizes the natural ability of your body to move and respond to physical stress to decrease your risk for work-related musculoskeletal discomfort/disorders.
- Laboratory Ergonomics - Learn how to minimize awkward body postures and repetitive motions when performing laboratory tasks to decrease your risk for work-related musculoskeletal discomfort/disorders.
- Manual Materials Handling - Learn how to work in neutral posture and safe lifting techniques to prevent and or minimize your risk for back injuries and other work-related musculoskeletal discomfort/disorders.
- Office Ergonomics - Learn how to ensure the elements of your workstation (e.g., chair, keyboard, mouse, monitor, & other frequently used items) are properly positioned to decrease your risk for work-related musculoskeletal discomfort/disorders.
Ergonomics training may also be tailored for specific job tasks and functions. Contact the APHIS Ergonomics Program to request ergonomics training. Call 301-436-3175 for more information.