USDA - APHIS - Wildlife Damage
National Wildlife Disease Program Publications
- Avery, M.L., J.S. Humphrey, T.S, Daughtery, J.W. Fischer, M.P. Milleson, E.A. Tillman, W.E. Bruce, and W.D. Walter. 2001. Vulture flight behavior and implications for aircraft safety. Journal of Wildlife Management 75:1581-1587.
- Bleiholder A, M Mühle, T Hechler, S Bevins, S vandeWoude, J Denner, M Löchelt. 2011. Pattern of seroreactivity against feline foamy virus proteins in domestic cats from Germany. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology 143:292-300.
- Blizzard, E 2011. Baylisascaris fact sheet. In H Newton, and C Wolf, eds. Infectious diseases of concern to captive and free ranging wildlife in North America. American Association of Zoo Veterinarians (AAZV) Infectious Disease Committee, Yulee, FL.
- Brown, HE, CE Levy, RE Enscore, ME Schriefer, TJ DeLiberto, KL Gage, RJ Eisen. 2011. Annual seroprevalence of Yersinia pestis in coyotes as predictors of interannual variation in reports of human plague cases in Arizona, United States. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases DOI:10.1089/vbz.2010.0196.
- Campbell, TA, DB Long, LR Bazan, BV Thomsen, S Robbe-Austerman, RB Davey, LA Soliz, SR Swafford, and KC VerCauteren. 2011. Absence of Mycobacterium bovis in feral swine (Sus scrofa) from the Southern Texas region. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 47:974-978.
- Carlson, JC, RM Engeman, DR Hyatt, RL Gilliland, TJ DeLiberto, L Clark, MJ Bodenchuk, and GM Linz. 2011. Efficacy of European starling control to reduce Salmonella enterica contamination in a concentrated animal feeding operation in the Texas panhandle. BMC Veterianry Research 7:9.
- DeLiberto, TJ, SR Swafford, and KR Van Why. 2011. Development of a National Early Detection
System for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Wild Birds in the United States of
America. Pages 156-175 in S K Majumdar, FJ Brenner, J E Huffman, RG McLean, AI Panah,
PJ Pietrobon, SP Keeler and S Shive. Pandemic Influenza Viruses: Science, Surveillance and
Public Health. The Pennsylvania Academy of Science, Easton, PA.
- Dong, G, C Xu., C Wang, B Wu, J Luo, H Zhang, DL Nolte, TJ Deliberto, M Duan, G Ji, and H He. 2011. Reassortant H9N2 Influenza viruses containing H5N1-like PB1 genes isolated from black-billed magpies in southern China. PLoS one 6(9): e25808.
- Dong G, J Luo, H Zhang, C Wang, M Duan, TJ Deliberto, DL Nolte, G Ji, and H He. 2011. Phylogenetic Diversity and Genotypical Complexity of H9N2 Influenza A Viruses Revealed by Genomic
Sequence Analysis. PLoS ONE 6(2): e17212. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0017212.
- Dubey JP, Velmurugan GV, Rajendran C, Yabsley MJ, Thomas NJ, Beckmen KB, Sinnett D, Ruid D, Hart J, Fair PA, McFee WE, Shearn-Bochsler V, Kwok OC, Ferreira LR, Choudhary S, Faria EB, Zhou H, Felix TA, Su C. 2011. Genetic characterisation of Toxoplasma gondii in wildlife from North America revealed widespread and high prevalence of the fourth clonal type. International Journal of Parasitology 41: 1139-1147.
- Fritzen CM, J Huang , K Westby , JD Freye , B Dunlap , MJ Yabsley , M Schardein , JR Dunn , TF Jones , and AC Moncayo. 2011. Infection prevalences of common tick-borne pathogens in adult lone star ticks ( Amblyomma americanum ) and American dog ticks ( Dermacentor variabilis ) in Kentucky. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 85:718-723.
- Knust, BM, PC Wolf, SJ Wells. 2011. Characterizations of the risk of deer-cattle interactions in Minnesota by use of an on-farm environmental assessment tool. American Journal of Veterinary Research 72: 924-931.
- Lavelle, MJ, KC Vercauteren, TJ Hefley, GE Phillips, SE Hyngstrom, DB Long, JW Fischer, SR Swafford, and T A Campbell. 2011. Evaluation of fences for containing feral swine under simulated depopulation conditions. Journal of Wildlife Management 75:1200-1208.
- Mohamed F, S Swafford, H Petrowski, A Bracht, B Schmit, A Fabian, JM Pacheo, E Hartwig, M Berninger, C Carrillo, G Mayr, K Moran, D Kavanaugh, H Leibrecht, W White, S Metwally. 2011. Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Feral Swine: Susceptibility and Transmission. Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, 58: no. doi: 10.1111/j.1865-1682.2011.01213.x
- Nemeth, NM, BV Thomsen, TR Spraker, JM Benson, AM Bosco-Lauth, PT Oesterle, JM Bright, J. P. Muth, T W. Campbell, TL Gidlewski, and RA Bowen. 2011. Clinical and pathologic responses of American crows (Corvus brachyrhnchos) and fish crows (C. ossifragus) to experimental West Nile virus infection. Veterinary Pathology Online DOI: 10.1177/0300985811398249.
- Payne, S, L Covaleda, G Jianhua, S Swafford, J Baroch, PJ Ferro, B Lupiana, J Heatley, and I Tizard. 2011. Detection and characterization of a distinct bornavirus lineage from healthy Canada geese (Branta Canadensis). Journal of Virology 85:12053-12056.
- Shock, BC, SM Murphy, LL Patton, PM Shock, C Olfenbuttel, J Beringer, S Prange, DM Grove, M Peek, JW Butfiloski, DW Hughes, JM Lockhart, SN Bevins, S VandeWoude, KR Crooks, VF Nettles, HM Brown, DS Peterson and MJ Yabsley. 2010. Distribution and prevalence of Cytauxzoon felis in bobcats (Lynx rufus),the natural reservoir, and other wild felids in thirteen states. Veterinary Parasitology 175: 325-330.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
November 5, 2012