Generally Allowed Food Items
The following food items are generally allowed entry:
- Condiments such as oil, vinegar, mustard, catsup, pickles, syrup, honey without honey combs, jelly, and jam.
- Foodstuffs such as bakery items, candy, and chocolate.
- Hard cured cheeses without meat, such as parmesan or cheddar.
- Canned goods and goods in vacuum- packed jars (except those containing meat or poultry products) for personal use.
- Fish or fish products for personal use.
- Powdered drinks sealed in original containers with ingredients listed in English.
- Dry mixes containing dairy and egg ingredients (such as baking mixes, cocoa mixes, drink mixes, instant cake mixes, instant pudding mixes, liquid drink mixes containing reconstituted dry milk or dry milk products, potato flakes, and infant formula) that are commercially labeled, presented in final finished packaging, and require no further manipulation of the product are generally allowed.
Remember, you must declare all food and agricultural products, including those listed above, to a CBP agriculture specialist or officer when you arrive in the United States.
September 20, 2011