APHIS HomeAbout APHISNewsroomCareer OpportunitiesHelpContact Us
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size
USDA in Facebook APHIS in Twitter APHIS in Youtube APHIS Stakeholder Registry APHIS in Pictures APHIS in Blog APHIS RSS News Feeds

Browse by Subject
Animal Health
Animal Welfare
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Import and Export
International Services
Plant Health
Regulations and Assessments
APHIS User Fees
Wildlife Control and Management
Regulations and Assessments

International Animal Export Regulations



If you have any questions or concerns regarding these regulations for exporting animals or animal products to a foreign country, you should contact the APHIS-VS Area Office in the State from which the animals or products will be exported.

Trinidad and Tobago - Summary of Requirements




  • Horses - Protocol - May 2001 (pdf 34kb)


  • Swine - Protocol - October 1997 (pdf 5kb)


Please Note: All restrictions from all States within the United States, with respect to poultry and poultry products, have been lifted. Poultry products must come from countries that are not under quarantine restrictions for highly pathogenic avian influenza and exotic Newcastle disease.

Pet Dogs and Cats

Please see guidelines at the Ministry's web-site http://www.agriculture.gov.tt

Other Animals

Wildlife, pet birds (including psittacine), ferrets and hamsters:

Importation requires permission from Wildlife Division, telephone +1-868-662-5114. They will issue an approval which must be brought to the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Marine office in order for an import permit to be issued.

General information for importing animals into Trinidad and Tobago:

All animals imported into Trinidad and Tobago require an import permit per shipment. All other animals not covered above will also require import permits. The application can done via telephone, email or written. The cost for each permit is $10.00 TT dollars.

All permits are valid for three months except for dogs and cats entering quarantine; these are valid for one month only.

General information for exporting animals from Trinidad and Tobago:

For all wildlife, permission is required from the Wildlife Division, on +1-868-662-5114.

For all animals, a health certification by either a government or private veterinarian is required. If the certificate is issued by a private veterinarian, it must be endorsed by an official from Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Marine. Such endorsement costs $5.00TT.

For species not listed, the requirements are not known. However, exporters wanting to ship livestock or germplasm whose requirements are not listed in the IREGS, should have the interested party (importer/buyer) in the country of destination apply for an Import Permit at the appropriate ministry. This Import Permit will most likely outline the specific requirements.


Last Modified: January 3, 2013