November 15, 2013
Gypsy Moth - Partner Toolkit
USDA has created a number of outreach materials to help its partners, which include moving companies and associations, environmental groups and advocates, and government agencies, to spread the word about the gypsy moth. With this toolkit, our partners can reach out to people moving or traveling out of an infested area and explain the steps they can take to protect America’s forests and comply with Federal law. The partner toolkit elements are free and can be downloaded with the links below.
We hope that our partners will:
- Use the PowerPoint presentation to inform the general public or those in the moving industry about the risk of spreading this destructive pest.
- Distribute or post a link to our brochure “Your Next Move Gypsy Moth Free” (see below to learn how to order print copies).
- Embed or link to our engaging gypsy moth video "Gypsy Moths Send Forest Animals Packing (Public Service Announcement)."
- Post on their web sites the banner ad or a conventional hyperlink that links to YourMoveGypsyMothFree.com (contact Gregory.J.Rosenthal@aphis.usda.gov for details regarding the banner ad).
- Print the factsheet and distribute it to their stakeholders.
- Customize the article and include it in their newsletter or other publications.
- Display the public service ads in newsletters or as posters or counter signs.
- Provide the list of quarantined counties to their customers or stakeholder.
- Link to USDA’s gypsy moth quarantine map.
To order the brochure: Visit https://web01.aphis.usda.gov/PRTDIST/WebOrder/WOEIS.nsf. Click the "Search" button at the top of the page (the fourth button from the left). Enter "PA-2065" in the "Item Number" text box and uncheck the box next to "AGRICULTURE MARKETING SERVICE (AMS)." Click the "Perform Search" button and follow the instructions on the results page.
For more information about the gypsy moth program, please visit:
For more information about the what you can do to avoid moving the gypsy moth, please visit: