Regulated Organism and Soil Permits
Requirements for the Importation of Honey Bee Germplasm
- To import germplasm from one of the approved countries (Australia, Bermuda, Canada, France, Great Britain, New Zealand, and Sweden) the exporter must obtain an export certificate from the appropriate regulatory agency for the country of origin.
- The export certificate must indicate that the hives from which the germplasm samples were taken were individually inspected, no more than 10 days prior to shipping, and the honey bees originated in the approved country.
- In addition, any diseases must be identified as well as the species and subspecies of the honey bee.
- The importer must notify APHIS Headquarters of the pending shipment 10 days prior to importation. The notification must include the full name, address, and telephone number of the consignee and the consignor and the full flight details of the arrival into the United States.
- You must provide full details of how much germplasm will be shipped.
- APHIS will forward the information to Customs Border Protection/Agricultural Inspection (CBP/AI) but will not make any further arrangements for delivery.
PPQ Permits Contact Information: