CPHST AQI Lab, Miami, FL
- Develops improved inspection methods and phytosanitary treatment technologies for commodities.
CPHST AQI Lab, Raleigh, NC
- Evaluates commodity treatment efficacy and technology, certifies and audits treatment facilities, and develops treatment data systems.
CPHST Lab, Beltsville, MD
- Develops, validates, and deploys molecular diagnostics methods for high consequence plant pathogens.
CPHST Lab, Fort Collins, CO
- Develops new methods and tools to detect, identify, and control invasive weeds.
- Develops new methods to identify plant pests including the use of computer-based keys and robotics.
- Provides spatial technology support for pest surveys.
CPHST Lab, Mission, TX
- Develops molecular diagnostics for arthropods and gastropods.
- Supports sterile insect technique eradication programs and research on integrated pest management.
CPHST Lab, Otis Air National Guard Base, MA
- Develops phytosanitary treatments for commodities.
- Develops and evaluates pest surveillance and management methods.
- Develops and deploys biological control programs for insect pests.
Plant Epidemiology and Risk Analysis Laboratory, Raleigh, NC
- Analyzes the pest risks associated with import and export of plant products in order to facilitate safe trade.
- Identifies and assesses new pest threats.
CPHST Lab, Phoenix, AZ
- Develops and implements management methods for pink bollworm and rangeland pests such as grasshoppers and Mormon cricket.
CPHST Biloxi Station, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Develops methods and tools for the survey, detection, regulation, and control of the imported fire ant to support the Federal Imported Fire Ant Quarantine.
- Oversees routine sample analysis for detecting the presence of pesticide residues and toxic substances to support APHIS programs.
CPHST California Station, Salinas, CA
- Develops pest management and commodity treatment methods for light brown apple moth and European grapevine moth.
Biological Control Program
- Develops new biological control programs and technologies to control plant pests and weeds.
Fruit Fly Program
- Develops methods to support exotic fruit fly exclusion and detection.
National Plant Protection Laboratory Accreditation Program
Evaluates laboratories outside of PPQ to ensure their capability to make accurate diagnostic determinations for regulatory purposes.