Human Resources Division (HRD) - Benefits - Open Season
Benefits Open Season:
November 11th thru December 9th, 2013.
This is your annual opportunity to review and:
- Change your enrollment in the Federal Employees Health Benefit (FEHB) program,
- Change your enrollment in the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), and
- Enroll in the Federal Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS) for health care and/or dependent care for 2013.
Are you eligible for employee benefits?
Check the eligibility charts (PDF)
What’s new this year?
As a result of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), each plan under the Federal Employees Health Benefit (FEHB) program will provide a summary document detailing information about the health plan’s benefits and coverage. Each Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) will include information about the plan’s cost, coverage, and the rights of enrollees and will be available on each carrier’s website. All of the SBCs will address the minimum essential coverage and minimum value of standard of benefits requirements of the ACA. For more information, click (Health Care Reform FEHB Fast Facts)(PDF).
- If you are currently eligible or enrolled in a health insurance plan under the FEHB program and would like to know more about how the new Health Insurance Marketplace works with the FEHB program, please click (Health Insurance Marketplace Notice to Federal Employees)(PDF).
- The Marketplace is a new way to buy health insurance for employees who are not eligible for FEHB coverage and for employees who may be eligible for FEHB but are looking at all of their options, please click (New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage)(PDF).
- Three new dental plans and one new vision plan will be available under the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
Federal Employees Health Benefits has gone green!
In an effort to lower costs and save resources, paper copies of health plan brochures will not be automatically mailed to FEHB Program members. You may view your FEHB health plan brochure online at www.opm.gov/FEHBbrochures.
If you are currently enrolled in a FEHB health plan, your plan will contact you to offer the option of obtaining the 2014 benefit brochure online or by requesting a paper copy of the benefit brochure. If you enroll in or change to a different plan during the open season, your new health plan will mail you a paper copy of its brochure.
Open Season Webcasts
- Introduction to Open Season: Tuesday, November 13, 1:30 pm EST
- The Federal Employees Dental & Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP): Tuesday, November 14, 1:30 pm EST
- The Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS): Thursday, November 19, 1:30 pm EST
- The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB): Do I have the Right Health Plan?
- Medicare & the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
Click here to view these OPM's webcasts.
- Open Season Information for APHIS, AMS, GIPSA, and NRCS (NHQ) employees (PDF)
- Open Season Information for MSPB employees (PDF)
- Significant Health Plan Changes for 2014 (PDF)
- OPM's FEHB Program and the Affordable Care Act
- OPM's Guide to Federal Benefits (PDF)
- OPM's Open Season Website
- FEHB premium costs (click on Non-U.S. Postal Rates)
- FEDVIP Premium costs
- Plan Smart Choice tool (2014 information available by November 11, 2013)
- Use your E Authentication ID and password to access the NFC Employee Personal Page to make your FEHB enrollment changes.
- If you are not able to use the NFC Employee Personal Page to make your FEHB enrollment change, complete the SF-2809 and fax the Official Personnel File copy (copy 1) of the form to 612-336-3545. Example of completed SF-2809 (PDF)
- For Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), choose your plan and process your enrollment. If you would like to drop your FEDVIP enrollment, you must also process your request through the BENEFEDS website during open season!
- Federal Employees Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS), choose your plan and process enrollment. If you were enrolled in 2013 and want to be enrolled in 2014, you MUST process your new enrollment through the FSAFEDS web site during open season!
- Open Season Instructions for Administrative Support Offices in APHIS, AMS, and GIPSA (PDF)
- Questions? Contact your servicing Benefits Specialist (PDF)
(For employees of USDA
Marketing and Regulatory Programs and the Merit Systems Protection
November 12, 2013