Marketing and Regulatory Programs
2. Meet with the liaison of the school with which you wish to begin a volunteer partnership and establish what your volunteer effort at the school will be (e.g., mentoring, tutoring, judging science fairs, participating in National Groundhog Job Shadow Day, etc.). You may find that the school's volunteer coordinator may become less involved after you begin and you will later deal primarily with your student's teacher. Complete the appropriate Volunteer Participation form.
3. Formalize your volunteer effort with the school by completing a Memorandum of Understanding.
4. Submit your Volunteer Participation Form, and Memorandum of Understanding forms to the APHIS Partnership in Education (PIE) Council for review. The PIE Council will work with the APHIS Administrator's Office to obtain approval on the new partnership.
5. Once the new partnership is approved, the PIE Council will notify you.
6. Get started! Have fun! The PIE Council will contact you during the school year to discuss how your volunteering effort is going and will request information at the end of the school year for statistical purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns about volunteering and/or beginning a new partnership, please contact the appropriate PIE Council member.
Last Modified: June 11, 2013