Classical Swine Fever Information
Countries/Regions Considered Free or Low Risk of Classical Swine Fever (CSF)
9 CFR 94.9 and 94.10
*Brazil (Santa Catarina State only)
**APHIS-defined European CSF Region = The regions of Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (England, Isle Of Man, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
*Mexican States of Baja California, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Chihuahua, Nayarit, Quintana Roo, Sinaloa, Sonora, and Yucatan
* SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS UNDER 9 CFR 94.25 FOR LIVE SWINE, PORK, AND PORK PRODUCTS BECAUSE, EVEN THOUGH THE COUNTRY/AREA HAS BEEN DETERMINED BY THE USDA TO BE FREE OF CSF, ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OCCUR:
(1) They supplement their pork supplies with fresh (chilled or frozen) pork imported from regions designated in §§ 94.9 and 94.10 as being affected by CSF; or
(2) They supplement their pork supplies with pork from CSF-affected regions that is not processed in accordance with the requirements of part 94; or
(3) They share a common land border with CSF-affected regions; or
(4) They import live swine from CSF-affected regions under conditions less restrictive than would be acceptable for importation into the United States.
** Exports Limited to Breeding Swine, Swine Semen and Pork and Pork Products Subject to Restrictions in CFR 94.24 and 98.38
NOTE: The list above is modified only when there are changes to the disease status of countries or regions.