APHIS Aquaculture Program
USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) is the lead Federal agency for the protection of aquatic animal health.
APHIS activities help prevent the aquaculture industry from the impacts of a potential disease outbreak.
APHIS provides a wide range of services to the aquaculture community, including:
- Laboratory diagnostic and testing capacity
- Vaccine development
- Epidemiology and risk assessment expertise
- Disease surveillance
- Outbreak response and investigation
- Import and export assistance and certification
- Wildlife interaction management assistance
APHIS is also the US representative to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).
For more specific information about APHIS's Aquaculture Program, including diseases of concern, visit the official APHIS Aquaculture page