Timber or Timber Products
This USDA website will not be updated during a lapse in federal funding. Content on this website will not be current or maintained until funding issues have been resolved.

Timber or Timber Products

USDA requires permits for the importation of logs, lumber, and other unmanufactured wood products into the United States under the authority of 7 CFR 319.40.

  • Apply for a Permit - Use PPQ Form 585 , Application for Permit to Import Timber or Timber Products


If you are importing timber and/or timber products regulated under CITES, fill out PPQ Form 585 and PPQ Form 621.

Frequently Asked Questions 
View a list of the frequently asked questions associated with applying for a wood product permit.

Import Requirements 

Pinus spp. from Canada: New Import Requirements 

Pallet Summary

Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding the timber or timber product application process, please call (301) 851-2046 or Email: wood.permits@aphis.usda.gov.


Complementary Content