A: You may check the status of your application on-line 24 hours a day through the USAJOBS website.
To check on your application status:
1. Log into USAJOBS
2. Fill in your USAJOBS Username and Password and select the My Applications link.
3. You will now see a complete list of all vacancies to which you have applied and the current status of your application for each vacancy. You initial status should read “Resume Received” with a link below it for more information.
4. To see more detailed information regarding your status for positions you have applied for with the USDA, click on the more information link found in the application status column.
5. You will be redirected to the system used by the USDA to view the details of your application status.
6. Once you have been redirected the [View Detailed Status of applications with this agency] option will be selected for you.
Click [Continue] and you will see a more detailed explanation of your status.
If your USAJOBS status reads "Application Started", it means the application process was exited early and you may not have properly completed the application. You may receive further assistance or request and update of your status by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are expected to check the status of their application through this method. No other correspondence will be sent.
A: Applications are not reviewed until the third day after an announcement closes. Depending on the number of applications received you may not see a change in your status for 2 to 3 weeks after an announcement has closed.
A: If your status has been changed to “Referred on certificate” this means your application has been forwarded to the hiring official for further consideration.
A: When checking the detailed status of your application, you will note a comment box located to the right of the vacancy number. This will often give you more information regarding the reason you were not selected for a position. If you still have additional questions, you may contact the "Agency Contact" specified in the vacancy announcement for the position.