Benefits Open Season:
November 13 through December 11, 2017
This is your annual opportunity to review and:
- Change your enrollment in the Federal Employees Health Benefit (FEHB) program,
- Change your enrollment in the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), and
- Enroll in the Federal Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS) for health care and/or dependent care for 2018.
Are you eligible for employee benefits?
What’s new this year?
The annual contribution limit for 2018 has increased. You may now elect to have up to $2,650 set aside when you enroll or re-enroll in a Health Care FSA or Limited Expense FSA (HCFSA/LEX HCFSA). Dependent care FSAs will continue to have a $5,000 maximum contribution limit per household for 2018. The annual minimum contribution for all FSAs remains $100.
Virtual Benefits Fair:
If you cannot make it to a Benefits Fair in person, this year there is an online marketplace for OPM-sanctioned Federal employee benefit programs and carriers. The Virtual Benefits Fair is available 24/7 during the entire Open Season. You can access this fair by registering online at https://www.ltcfeds.com/meet_us/webinars.html, confirming your email address, and setting a secure password. All benefit programs will be represented with at least some carriers.
Live chats with carriers will be available to answer questions and obtain specific information on:
- Monday, November 13, 2017, from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. EST
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017, from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. EST
Human Resources Open Season Phone Line:
The Human Resources Office has an Open Season phone line available for questions. Please call 612-336-3307 for assistance.
- Open Season Information for APHIS, AMS, GIPSA, and FAS employees
- Open Season Information for MSPB employees
- Significant Health Plan Changes for 2017
- OPM's FEHB Program and the Affordable Care Act
- OPM's Open Season Website
- FEHB premium costs (click on Non-U.S. Postal Rates)
- FEDVIP Premium costs
- Plan Comparison Tool
- Use your E Authentication ID and password to access the NFC Employee Personal Page to make your FEHB enrollment changes.
- If you are not able to use the NFC Employee Personal Page to make your FEHB enrollment change, complete the SF-2809 and fax the last two pages of the form to 612-336-3545. Example of completed SF-2809
- For Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), choose your plan and process your enrollment. If you would like to drop your FEDVIP enrollment, you must also process your request through the BENEFEDS website during open season!
- Federal Employees Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS), choose your plan and process enrollment. If you were enrolled in 2017 and want to be enrolled in 2018, you MUST process your new enrollment through the FSAFEDS web site during open season!
- Open Season Instructions for Administrative Support Offices in APHIS, AMS, GIPSA, and FAS
- Open Season Instructions for Administrative Support Offices in MSPB
Questions? Contact your servicing Benefits Specialist