APHIS Intern Career Development Program
The APHIS Intern Career Development Program offers paid work experiences for collegiate students, with various opportunities for students to work in agriculture, science, technology, finance, policy, environment, communications, business, and many other fields.
An intern participating in the APHIS Intern Career Development Program will be part of a comprehensive mentorship and career development program. Interns who are selected for this program:
- gain real-world understanding of the situations and issues facing Federal employees every day;
- engage in a series of online and in-person training workshops focused on the APHIS mission and culture, career and leadership development, and teambuilding; and
- have a strong support network to help navigate the internship and eventual career path.
- Paid employment
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Retirement benefits
- Health benefits
- Possibility for conversion to a permanent position upon graduation
- Full or part-time work, year-round
- Professional development
Interested students must apply online via www.usajobs.gov. You must have a USAJOBS account to apply. The announcement will be on USAJOBS annually, between January and February, for approximately a 1-week period.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Meet any applicable educational and curriculum requirements of the position for which you apply. These requirements, as well as the specific duties of the position, will be outlined in each announcement and may include a wide range of majors or fields of study;
- Be enrolled as a part-time or full-time student and/or accepted for enrollment in an accredited college or university within the United States;
- Be in good academic standing; and
- Agree to complete a minimum of 640 hours prior to completion of studies.
Please email the Intern Support Office at firstname.lastname@example.org