Your Renewal in the National Veterinary Accreditation Program (NVAP)
You have been assigned an Accreditation Renewal Date (ARD). If you do not know your ARD, contact your local VS Area Office in the State where your business address is located. If the NVAP has your correct e-mail address in your accreditation records, an e-mail reminder of your renewal will be sent to you at six (6), three (3), and one (1) month prior to your ARD. It is essential that if you change your e-mail address, you notify your local VS Area Office so that they can update your record to ensure you receive all NVAP correspondence in a timely manner. If you did not provide an e-mail address, the NVAP will send you a reminder notice via USPS three (3) months prior to your ARD.
We have two options for you to utilize if you would like to renew your accreditation:
1) We have implemented an online renewal system @ Renew Your Accreditation Online
2) Alternatively, you may print a copy of the VS Form 1-36A and forward it to the VS Area Office which oversees the State in which your business address is located. Mailing addresses for VS Area Office can be found at Area Office.
If you perform accredited duties in more than one State, it is only necessary to renew your accreditation in the State in which your business address is located. This option can be completed at any time within 6 months prior to your renewal date.
Please do not submit anything related to your completion of APHIS-approved supplemental training (AAST) or accreditation renewal prior to six (6) months before your renewal date.
AAST for accreditation renewal is available to you in three formats:
1. Here on the NVAP web site at Training Modules
2. Printed or CD materials purchased by using the Supplemental Training Materials Order Form
3. Lectures at veterinary meetings and conventions updated at NVAP Presence at Upcoming Conferences
Retain your AAST Certificate of Completion for each AAST module. You may take the AAST at any time prior to your ARD, but it is essential that you retain your certificates as they will be needed for accreditation renewal and may be requested during periodic training audits.
If you have any questions about the on-line renewal process, please contact the VSPS Network Associates at Need Help with Your On-Line Renewal? For all other questions, please contact your local Area Office.