Welcome to the Veterinary Accreditation Vesicular Diseases module.
This module consists of two sections that will prepare you to properly recognize a vesicular disease case. First, you will learn some general information that pertains to vesicular diseases. Then you will apply the introductory information to a fictional but plausible scenario.
Upon completion of this module, you should be able to
- Understand the economic impact of an outbreak;
- Name the four vesicular diseases of importance in the United States;
- Apply biosecurity measures specific for vesicular diseases;
- Recognize the clinical signs associated with each vesicular disease; and
- Know how to report a possible vesicular disease case.
Completion of this module is estimated to take 45 minutes but will vary depending on your familiarity with the diseases and information presented.