Welcome to the Disease Prevention and Biosecurity in Aquaculture module.
After completing this module, you should gain an understanding of:
- The importance of disease prevention in aquaculture
- Risk factors for pathogen introduction and spread on aquaculture operations
- How to develop and assess a site-specific biosecurity plan
- Basic disease control principles for aquatic animal operations
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols and considerations for aquaculture settings
Completion of this module is estimated to take 45-55 minutes but will vary depending on your familiarity with the information presented.