Before getting started:
- You must know your 6 digit National Accreditation Number (NAN) to access each module Certificate of Completion. If you do not know your NAN, please contact your local Area Office.
- You must retain your Certificate of Completion.
Category I Accredited Veterinarians must complete 3 units of AAST anytime within their three-year renewal period to renew their accreditation. Similarly, Category II Accredited Veterinarians must complete 6 units of AAST anytime within their three-year renewal period.
An online accreditation renewal process is available on this website. Do not submit copies or originals of any Certificate of Completion to APHIS. If you do not know your accreditation renewal date, please contact your Area Office.
Each module of AAST represents one unit of training, and takes approximately one hour to complete. AAST may be completed free of charge by clicking on the Training Module links below:
- The information contained on the certificate will be needed for accreditation renewal when you submit your application.
- You may be requested to display your Certificate of Completion during periodic training audits.
- At the conclusion of each module, be prepared to print your Certificate of Completion or save it in PDF format to a secure file.
Module 1: Introduction to NVAP
Module 2: Role of Agencies, Health Certificates
Module 3: Overview of Foreign Animal, Program, and Reportable Diseases
Module 4: Preventing Disease Introduction and Spread
Module 5: Vesicular Diseases
Module 6: Exotic Avian Diseases
Module 7: Foreign Animal Disease Detection in Category 1 Animals
Module 8: International Movement of Horses
Module 9: Interstate and International Health Certificates for Category 1 Animals
Module 10: Personal Protective Equipment for Veterinarians
Module 13: Aquatic Animal Health Regulations and Health Certification
Module 15: Preventing Disease Introduction and Spread in Aquaculture
Module 17: National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP)
Module 18: Avian Influenza & Exotic Newcastle Disease
Module 19: Animal Health Emergency Response
Module 20: Slaughter Horse Transport
Module 21: Animals' Fitness to Travel
Module 22: Animal Welfare: An Introduction
Module 23: Use of Antibiotics in Animals
Module 24: Collecting and Shipping Swine Diagnostic Samples
NOTE: AAST may also be completed free of charge by attending Upcoming Veterinary Conferences. In lieu of the free training offerings, veterinarians wishing to purchase printed materials may do so by using the Supplemental Training Materials Order Form
Still have questions? See Additional Information or contact your local Area Office.